Garlic Rice with Green Onions & Cilantro
Total time: 20 minutes
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic minced
• 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
• 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
• Sea salt and white pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp green onions chopped
• 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
Yield: Serves 2
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the rice and cook, stirring often so the rice doesn't stick to the pan, for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and season with sea salt and white pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Cover and let cook 20 minutes.
2. Remove the rice from the burner without removing the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and fresh cilantro, toss to mix thoroughly then serve. Enjoy.