Mushroom and Spinach Stir-fry
Total time: 30 minutes
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 small onion, chopped
• Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
• 14 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
• 10 ounces clean fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Yield: serves 2
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic in the oil until they start to become tender. Add the mushrooms, and fry until they begin to shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach, and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
2. Add the vinegar, stirring constantly until it is absorbed, then stir in the white wine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the wine has almost completely absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
3. Serve hot