Total time: 15 minutes
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 12 fresh figs
• 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
• 3 teaspoons honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
• 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
Yield: serves 12 Stuffed Figs.
1. Trim about 1/2 inch off the top of each fig. If needed, cut a thin slice off the bottom so they stand up straight. Cut an X into the tops about 3/4 inch deep. Gently open each fig from the top without breaking it open all the way.
2. Combine mascarpone, 2 teaspoons honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each fig.
3. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle with almonds, mint and orange zest.