Tomato Bacon Pizza Squares
Total time: 40 minutes
• Prep time: 20minutes
• Cooking time: 20minutes
• 6 slices bacon
• 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 clove crushed garlic
• 1 refrigerated pizza crust dough
• 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Yield: serves 24 squares.
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees
2. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3. Crumble bacon into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mix in bell pepper, tomatoes, and basil. In a separate small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic.
4. Roll pizza crust into a 12x15 inch rectangular baking sheet. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the bacon mixture over the mayonnaise, and top the entire pizza with cheese.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Cool and cut the pizza into 24 squares.