Traditional Indian Raita
Main Ingredient: Indian Yogurt Gopi
Meal: Raita (Indian Yogurt and Cucumber Condiment)
Total time:15 minutes
•Prep, 5 Hour
•Cooking, 10 minutes
• 2 cups whole milk yogurt gopi
• 1 English cucumber, coarsely shredded (about 2cups)
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/4 tsp ground corriander
• 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• Dash of Ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and cardamom
Yield: 8 servings
1. Rinse the coarsely shredded cucumber.
2. In a bowl turn in the whole milk yogurt and beat until smooth.
3. Add in the coarsely shredded cucumber.
4. Add all the dry spices, powders and ground coriander.
5. Mix well and garnish with few mint leaves.