Sweet and Spicy Beef Stir Fry
Main Ingredient: Sambal Oelek Jasmine Rice
Meal: Sweet and Spicy Beef Stir Fry
Total time: 30 minutes
•Prep, 10 minutes
•Cooking, 20 minutes
• 10 oz thinly sliced red meat
• 1/2 cup Sambal Oelek jasmine rice
• 4 oz sweet peppers
• 1 tbsp sambal oelek
• 1 zucchini
• 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp togarashi seasoning (sweet paprika, hot paprika, dried orange peel, poppy seeds, white/black sesame seeds)
• 1 tbsp sugar
Yield: 2 servings
How to cook jasmine rice:
1. In a medium saucepan with a light fitting lid, combine rice, 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18minutes(do not lift the lid or stir).
2. Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 5minutes.
3. Fluff with a fork and cover to keep warm.
For the sauce:
1. Wash & dry the fresh produce. Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Cut off and discard the stems of the peppers, remove and discard the cores, then medium dice.
3. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and as much of the sambal oelek as you'd like depending on how spicy you'd like the dish to be, whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
4. In a medium pan(non-stick if you have one), heat 2 tsp of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
5. Add the sliced zucchini in an even layer, cook without stirring 3-4minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Add the diced peppers, season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook stirring occasionally 2-3minutes or until slightly softened.
8. Transfer to a plate & wipe out the pan.
For the stir-fry:
1. Separate the red meat, pat dry with paper towels.
2. Season with salt & pepper.
3. In the same pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil on medium heat until hot. Add the seasoned beef in an even layer.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally 2-3minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Add the cooked vegetables and sauce to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3minutes or until the beef is coated and cooked through.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve the cooked jasmine rice topped with the finished stir fry.
9. Garnish with the peanuts and togarashi.