Mango Sticky Rice Dessert
Main Ingredient: Coconut Milk & Sticky Rice
Meal: Mango Sticky Rice
Total time: 1 Hour, 15 minutes
•Prep, 1 Hour
• 1/2 cup of sticky glutinous rice
• 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk
• 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk
• 2 tbsp of coconut cream (optional)
• 3 tbsp of sugar (adjust to taste)
• 1 sweet, ripe mango
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 2 tsp of toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
1. Soak the rice for 30 minutes and add the thin coconut milk to it (do not drain the soaking water).
2. Simmer on a low flame until the rice is cooked & soft (you can add some water if the rice gets too dry while cooking.)
3. It will become quite mushy as it cooks and gets softer.
4. Meanwhile, simmer the thick coconut milk with the sugar & salt on very low flame until it starts to bubble up.
5. Add this to the cooked rice & mix well.
6. Keep covered for 15-30 minutes until the rice has fully absorbed the coconut milk mixture.
7. You can check for sweetness at this time and add more sugar if needed.
8. Serve the rice warm with chilled mango pieces & some drizzling of coconut cream on top with some toasted sesame seed.